At what age did you wean your children from the bottle?

My first child was never touched a bottle again after his 1st birthday..yeah, we were that good,lol.DOn't even know how the heck I did that one,lol.
My 2nd...she's 16 months...and I believe yesturday afternoon was her last bottle. :)
My fear was that she refuses to drink milk out of a sippy cup...but after 2 days..I got her to drink 1/2 a cup of milk out of her sippy! So the bottles are done.
I'm happy but sad at the same time...my baby is growing up "sniffle sniffle" :(

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 12 months 3 days and hasnt had a bottle in 32 hours. So unless he relapses it will have been weaned at 12 months 2 days :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Between 11 and 13 months.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• 2 weeks before he turned 1. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• we switch to cups whenever they start walking
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• on both of my kids' one year birthday we gave them a sippy cup and took away the bottle.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We started mixing her formula in the bottle (so we could shake it) then pouring it into the sippy for her to sit and drink at around 11 months. She had the bottle before bed and that was it. On her first birthday, she threw away the favorite one and said "I'm Big!" and didn't look back!
    I was so proud!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My oldest daughter TOOK HERSELF off the bottle! Lol. About three days before she turned one she started refusing her bottle I would give her right before bed. Then on her first birthday she walked to the refrigerator door that I had open, saw the bottle in the door... picked it up and put her empty sippy cup in that spot! lol... I asked her "So you want a cup now?" She got really animated and shook her head yeah... lol. We never looked back.
    And wouldn't you know my lick? My second daughter TOOK HERSELF off the bottle too!
    At 8 months she stole her sisters cup and started drinking out of it (the kind with a straw), so i took the bottles and gave her a cup and she never looked back either.
    Now to see what baby brother does... lol, he is only 3 months right now.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• She didn't have a bottle after she turned 11 months. She preferred the sippy cups.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• As soon as my daughter started walking, 13 months, she had a sippy cup given to her instead. She was kind of upset. So I bought her her first talking Teletubie. And she quickly took to her sippy cup when she saw the Teletubies had their sippy cups. Where she also learned the term "Run Way" when we told her to pick things up.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 3:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• When he was 1 years old. The only time we gave him a bottle afterward was when he was really sick. Either than that.. only sippy
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010