Gen. Patreaus confirmed 99-0 to take over

Does this give you more hope that things can change in Af? or at least advance?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it will! It has at least brought things to the forefront with Afganistan again, and Patreaus has kept to the time line with the Iraq withdrawal. I think its a good move.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 3:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I swear to GOD I am so flippin confused on this. Petraeus was just this side of Satan to the left when Obama took office! They HATED him on the left. It's just so weird that NOW he is going to save the day......

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The General in charge is not the problem. It goes a little higher up than that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• All these dems berated him and PBO talked smack about him and suddenly he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think he has the know-how. I hope he has the backing and support to do what really needs to be done.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

posted by momof030404

Exactly how I feel!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have to hope so, but I think it all depends on the kind of support he receives from our elected leadership.  I would have to think that they are on the same page as far as how to proceed.  I guess time will tell. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i hope so
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes. I do believe that things will begin to change over there. Patreaus did a wonderful job in Iraq.. and he will continue to do the same in Afghanistan. My husband and I have faith in him, and we are a military family.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Although I am not of a military family, I have faith in General Patreaus. He is respected by the troops and we can only hope there are less causalities than in past years... both civilian and military.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We have to have hope that he will lead the military where they need to be at this point. I do have hope at least. DH met him when he reenlisted in 2008 and said he seems like a good man.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 4:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010