There are aphids on my organic tomatoes. What do I do?

The kids and I are growing organic tomatoes, but aphids invaded and are all over the tomatoes. Aside from hand-picking the bugs off, are their other organic methods to rid aphids?

I found this organic spray by Safer Brand while searching online:
http://www.saferbrand.com/store/garden-care/5085.

Would this be ideal for an organic garden? The spray says it has organic active ingredients. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

jennyferrer60

Asked by jennyferrer60 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• ladybugs....you can order them, or you can see if any of your nurseries/garden centers around sell them. def. keep it in mind for next year!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• soapy(dishsoap) water in a spray bottle then spray the plants. repeat until you no longer see the aphids or the webs. just plain ole soapy water :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• oooo yes the ladybugs are great idea too, but touchy sometimes. I had a couple colonies that were very healthy then one day they just all died...never figured out why either, so it can be costly.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yep lady bugs you can order them online
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You can buy organic treatments for rose bushes, tomato plants, vegetable plants etc. because otherwise the aphids will destroy your plants entirely in no time. Some magazines I've read said you can wash them off the plants but I'm not sure that will really keep them away and the bugs won't destroy the plants.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010