Have you ever mistaken your child for one age, then realized later they were actually older?

My baby girl just turned another month older. I was shouting on FB that she was seven months old and how I couldn't believe how fast she's growing. Then I realize today .. No, she's eight months old and I calculated it up with her birthday and sure enough ... I missed a whole month in there somehow. Haha

Has anyone ever done that? Said "My kid's five" then realized they're actually six?

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 3:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yep lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was calling her 4 a week after she turned 5!
    In my defense, we didn't have the birthday party until a week later, so I got confused!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I havent done that. BUT my husband has done something kind of like that. For a long time when my son and my dh went out people would ask how old he was, and he would tell people that he was almost 3.. when in fact he wasnt even 2 yet! LOL. I can almost guarantee people thought he was extremely tiny for his age! haha.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 3:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I actually do this more with my own age. I seem to forget my age a lot, then have to use my kids ages to add it back up. =)

Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Hubby does it - not me :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yep with my 11 yearold seems like yesterday we just bought her home
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 3:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• all the time... :) my youngest thinks its a game to see if mommy gets it right... I forget my own age completely sometimes and have to do the math.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I argued with my then 8 year old telling him he was 7 when we were talking to a police officer...He does not let me live that one down.....
    Xjmommi

Answer by Xjmommi at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yep, until her first birthday i constantly had to do the math in my head. I don't think that will ever change because my mom argued with me the other day because she was telling everyone I was 25. I told her no I was not and then she said I was going to be 25 in a couple weeks .. I am going to be 24 in a couple weeks... lol. then she felt silly when I proved it to her.
    I always forget how old my little brother is too.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 3:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• ex does it, He couldnt remember sons middle name recently, its my ex's first name....lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010