how don u deal with a rare disorder in ur child whenn people stare and askn if u feed them and thann u find out they have a chomsne missing that is for weight and lesrning not in one child but two and maybe in bthe other three as well?

how do we deal with this and ur peds doctor doesnt listen

butterflysmom

Asked by butterflysmom at 3:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I have one child with severe special needs, and the way that I deal with the public, (staring, rude questions etc...), is that I carry around a bunch of business cards with my son's website on them. (www.caringbridge.org/visit/elijah414)... You could use a website explaining their chromosome disorder... Then if someone is being rude I can simply hand them a card and say, "If you'd like to learn more about my child's disability you are welcome to check out his website." Then I smile nicely and walk away.

As far as the pediatrician, GET A NEW ONE! When you have special needs children you NEED a supportive ped! Good luck to you Hun.
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Honestly hon, I have no idea what you wrote. Can you go in and make some spelling changes and rewrite it so others can understand what you are asking?
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 3:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If I understand your question, you are saying you have 5 children, 2 w/a confirmed chromosome disorder, possibly all 5 with it, & you want to know how to deal with public staring & questions about your 1 child being underweight, yes? And you also want to know what to do about an unsupportive doc, too.

Okay, if your pediatrician is unsupportive, find a new one, preferably one who handles high needs cases; ask one of your child's specialists for a recommendation. Next, make every moment a teaching moment if you're comfortable speaking to the public about your child's medical issues, otherwise tell them that your child's medical needs are between you & your child's doctors, but thank you for your concern. End of conversation.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• people will always ask questions and look.
    most of the time, they are looking/asking questions because they are curious, not because they are being mean.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think you should re write your question. You may get more answers. As the question is now it isnt real clear what your asking.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• First, you should learn to spell and use proper grammar. Then repost your question and we will try to answer. Until then, please dont reproduce anymore!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010