If your child was a teen star...Would you advertise that fact for attention?

I have seen a woman here who is the step mom to a famous teen singer, she created a profile with his last name and has posted pics of him with her and the rest of the family. There are MANY posts on her chatter box asking if she is indeed, the child star's mom.
Now I know that that is her last name now and she has every right to post whatever she wants, but WOULD YOU do the same? Or would you keep it more on the downlow, to maintain his privacy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would not say anything.
    I guess I do not want or need that kind of attention.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't hide it. but I wouldn't throw it out there. I wouldn't say 'my son, the famous teen singer' I mean tvey cant enjoy a normal childhood like that
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't hide the fact that I was proud of my child but it really depends on how famous the person is and what that person wants. I guess it depends on how old the child is. You stated that the child is a teen, is that a young teen or older? Personally I would ask my child if they wanted it to be kept quiet or whatever, then I would respect their wishes.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 3:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't know what I would do until I was in that situation. However, I know I post a lot of pics of facebook and stuff of my children at their soccer games and at dance and gymnastics. I am very proud of them and of course I think they are the best kids ever. If they were really famous I don't know that I would stop doing that.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No i dont think i would.....
    Xjmommi

Answer by Xjmommi at 3:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I thought celebs used twitter? lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010