What should I do?

My BIL's ex girlfriend (for lack of a better term) gave us a bunch of her baby things. Note the key word, GAVE. She said here, have these things, we don't need them anymore.

Long story short, she just texted me and asked for them back to regift. Um, so some of the things I passed on already...

when you give stuff away, do you expect it back?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 3:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate when people do that...I would just tell her there gone you thought they were giving to you and you used some and passed some on....
    Xjmommi

Answer by Xjmommi at 3:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If I want something back I make it clear before they take the item like - Here you can use our exersaucer however I will need it back when your baby outgrows it for our future kids :o)

Just tell her that since they were given to you - you have already given them to someone else who could use it. Sorry for the miscommunication however what's done is done.

Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If I give stuff away I don't plan on getting it back. Shoot even if I loan something out most of the time I don't plan on getting it back. I would just ignore her I guess or if you have to talk to her, tell her that you have already passed on some of the things. That you were told that they were given to you not on loan.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 3:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• be honest and tell her u passed some on
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 3:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Not if she gave them to you and told you to do wht you want with them. Tell her sorry I already shared...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 3:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Just tell her you thought they were gifts and didn't know she would expect them back. Tell her you've already given some of them to other people, but will be happy to give her back the stuff that you still have.
    Next time someone gives you something, just ask if it is a gift or if they'll want it back when you get done.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• When I give something to someone, I never expect it back. Just be honest with her - you didn't think you had to return them so you passed on some things.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had this happen to me when I got a swing it was wrapped and gifted to me so I assumed the person meant me to keep it. So after my son got to big I passed it on to a family who needed it and they came back and said hey where is our swing? You mean the one you gave me. The person said no the one we loaned you. I said you gift wrap everything you loan out? She was going to say I stole it and she let it go after she tried to extort fifty dollars from me. yeah if your not going to give it or cannot afford to give it keep it. This is what I learned from this. I would tell her you gave them to people who needed them. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2010