what would you do.

I just signed up for Cash Assistance. With that, I have to go to a program for job searching M-F 845am-330pm(everyday). Now that is no problem for me, however with the kids' schedules, it is a conflict.

Nate is home all day on mondays & Thursdays,
Chloe is home Tuesdays and Thursdays.

They will pay for child care for the days the kids are there. The other days, i would need to hire a babysitter since the SO works during the day. I have no family other than him that is close enough to help.

My question, is it worth the hassle?

My options,

1. Go to the program and get $200 every two weeks

or

2. Keep my son home from daycare all week with me while my daughter goes to preschool three days, and look for a job on my own and use child support to pay the bills until then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• That is completely up to you. If you need the assistance, I would try to make the job searching classes.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If SO made enough, I'd stay at home with both kids. I just don't know why I'd get a job just to pay for someone else to watch them. I stay home with them and it's free. If your DD NEEDS preschool because she's developmentally delayed in speech or something, then that's a program that depends on your income. You'd likely qualify with the reduced salary. Otherwise, (preschool isn't mandatory and she'll be in school 13 more years regardless of how early she starts) she'll be in Kindergarten soon, and without having to pay for daycare AND preschool, you'd benefit more from working then. That's just my opinion. Good luck!

PS-Do you have to pay the $200 back? Then no, I wouldn't do it. It'll just stress you out when you can't pay it back. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I can help you learn job hunting skills; I do career and job search coaching (I never charge CafeMoms for my services).

There are great tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think gain that job experience is worth it in the long run. No one can that experience away from you.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2010