Anybody else hate folding socks?

I'm sitting here folding a basket of laundry, and most of it is socks, and it occurs to me how much I HATE folding socks!!! Especially when most of them are white socks but they're different KINDS of white socks and don't match!!

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 3:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I dont mind it. DH wears two kinds and I wear two kinds, but theyre all different colours so its easy.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am with you sock are the worst to fold and they never seem to match up
    ddmalott

Answer by ddmalott at 3:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I hate when there aren't matches. When I am left with two or three socks.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 3:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yes I hate folding socks I usually put the socks in a pile and after I am done with all the laundry then I match the socks lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I only really do my husband's and kid's socks, I'm hardly out of flip flops. I really only wear about 1 pair a month, if that!
    I still hate to fold them! There are always strays and no matter where I look, there will always be at least one sock whose mate has permanently disappeared.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't mind so much now that I'm separated and it's just mine and the kids.
    All of my socks are the same so there's no problem there, plus I hardly ever wear socks.
    Then there's my sons and my daughters. She never wears socks(10 months old) and my son is the only one who really wears socks.
    When I was still with my ex husband I hated doing his. He had so many different kinds, he'd have them inside out all of the time or bunched up.
    It was a thorn in my side for sure.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I used to hate it, but now my DD ends up playing with the socks while I'm folding them and it's just so cute that I can't see it as an annoying chore anymore, lol.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Don't fold them! My poor DD never has matching socks nor does her children. no matter how many I buy them!! Its a never ending story of socks! Its depressing! I'm sad enough today. Now this sock thing... I have here a cute place I just put them for the kids when they're over I take 2 socks & just flip over them to fit together. I was never shown anything growing up. I do everything my own way. I'm an original...
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 4:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Where do those mismatched sox go anyway? I think my washer must eat them or something. Then there are those that get so stretched out, my daughter told me she thought my husband had worn them! Now I've been saving the mismatched ones and started making sock puppets out of them. The ones that are stained we've turned into animals of different sorts. If they are nice and white, and they are big enough, you can take a roll of toilet paper, put a styrofoam ball on top, stretch a tube sock over the top and tuck the open end in the hole underneath. Add a strip of fabric for a scarf, with markers put on eyes and a mouth. You've got a snowman!.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010