Has anyone bought the urinals for training potties for boys?

I was just wondering cause I hear they learn faster because they can isolate peeing from pooping instead of both at the same time.

Has anyone gotten the training urinal and the sit down potty for poo?

how'd that work for your son? if not would you try it?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have one. i got it for my son who is now 5.
    he did not use it. i had a hard time with him. he had a potty chair, and a potty seat that fit on the toilet. he was/ is really short and his feet didn't touch the ground when he sat on the potty chair, he looked almost frightened when he sat on the toilet and the chair. so we got the urinal.
    it was a hit with the already potty trained boys though!
    i am getting ready to train my 2 yo, and just went to get the urinal from the basement...someone has peed in it. it stinks! it is a mess. i am going to leave it for dh to deal with!!!
    in a week or two we are going to try it.
    i will let you know how it goes!
    it is probably not worth the $40 we spent on it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, we just have my son stand on a stool infront of the toilet to pee. He likes to copy his daddy anyway and he figured it out just fine.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have seen that in the One Step Ahead catalog and wondered if anyone else bought it. I was just going to teach my kids to sink cheerios in the toilet :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 4:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My bestfriend had a super hard time potty training her little boy until she bought one. She loved it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I haven't, but I have heard that it's hard for little boys to control bowel movements separate from urination, so it's best to start training them sitting down and then teach them to stand up later. We're still in the sitting phase with my son.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Not here we just trained standing up to pee and sitting to poop. My son trained beginning at 20 months and was day trained by 24 and night trained by 26 with no issues separating peeing and pooping.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We stuck with just a very basic potty seat. Easy to clean and portable. He was unwilling to even try peeing standing up (and after 2 months, still won't..) Just our experience..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010