are you a cna? what can you tell me about it?

thinking about getting my cna license, since waiting tables isnt paying the bills anymore. what can you tell me about your job? likes/dislikes/work in general.

heartsandskulls

Asked by heartsandskulls at 3:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• my husband is. he got his CNA fall 09 and still hasn't seen a job from it. if you care about people, are compassionate and take health care seriously, then CNA/nursing professions are for you....I would definitely check in your area if they're in need.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'm a nurse and I work with CNAs They work hard and are an integral part of our team. I bet that you could secure a position in a nursing home type facility. Very hard work!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Being a CNA is a very demanding job. You will help people to the bathroom, wipe them if needed, change adult diapers. Move people, basically you will help them with their activities of daily living. I worked as a cna for a month and figured out it wasnt for me because what we were taught in school didnt compare to what we had to actually do.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010