This is NOT okay!

As someone who lives about a mile from the gulf coast, I am feeling a great loss with this oil spill. How is this ever going to be cleaned up? The Gulf and MORE will be forever changed. This is more of a little rant than a question. Just had to get it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjSWWJh4JKM&NR=1

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sorry for the loss of the way of life for you folks; I'm sorry for the loss of natural beauty in your region; I'm afraid for the far reaching and long term effects of this disaster.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am with silver 100%. It breaks my heart for all the familes that have been effected by this. I also am heart broken for all those animals and all that land! I am scared for the futureo f everyone!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am waiting to hear more news on the sale of Kevin Costner (brothers) invention. I heard BP purchased 30 more units. Help is on the way... I'm sorry you are going through this on a personal level. I know the effects will be around for a long time.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with you. I am angry about the spill and very worried about how it going to affect our ecosystem in the future. I live in florida and It always been very beautiful down here, but the oil spill will most likely change that. I would hate to move away from here but if it the enviroment becomes very bad I would have too. It han't reached Tampa yet but its only a matter of time
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I pray for your area and the people there often. I know it doesn't seem like it, but the rest of us are listening and do care.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• if it is any consolation...we have been praying very hard at my church. I am broken hearted as well and I too worry about the future of the gulf. It is rough for me and I live in WA state.. I cannot even fathom what it must be like to be affected on such a personal level.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with the other posters here. We are all thinking about the gulf residents and their livelihoods.
    Sad situation and no one knows the ultimate outcome or cost. If this isn't a wake- up call to get off the oil tit, I do not know what is. I'm tired of the excuses.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, its NOT OK. Please don't think for one minute the citizens of the USA have abandoned you. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone that has been hurt by this disaster. We will fight to clean up the mess and make certain it never happens again.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree. The ocean will never be the same. I don't think the ocean and the aquatic life there will recover during our lifetimes. I feel terrible for everyone who lives close to the mess and has to deal with it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My prayers are with you and with all the residents of the Gulf coast. It is only a matter of time until all sources of water are effected, and the ecosystem as a whole, if the spill is not stopped soon. I find myself getting angry daily when I watch and listen to news on the oil spill. I am very sad about the loss of wildlife, livelihood and natural beauty of your home. I am angry along with you. I pray you to get the help you need to get this taken care of
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010