Because I said so!

Do you use this sentence with your kids? Do you try to explain every action,or do you feel they should listen to you because you're the parents,and quite frankly,you said so! I'm old school. I don't feel I have to explain everytime why certain things are not allowed.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm partial to "because I'm bigger than you, meaner than you and will squash you like the bug that you are!" It was most effective when my now-teens were grade schoolers. My toddler hasn't gotten into the "why's?" yet.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If my son questions me, I will give him and answer, but if he persists with the questions after I have given a perfectly suitable answer then the "because I said so" comes out.
    He's only 3.5 so it has only happened a few times but I sense an increase as he gets older. Lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My husband always tell her when she get's pestering him about something, "because I said so. And I made you and can make another just like you. Just ask your older sister. Oops, never mind, forget I said anything!"
    She always says "daddy, you're silly. Now, tell me why"
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I explain it, but, if he continues to ask why or pester me about it, I will use that phrase.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I try to explain as much as I can, but then there are the times that "Because I said so" is it!! It's normal and good that they question, though.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Used it on my kid when he was little and still use it on other family members when they are getting on my nerves.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I explain whatever it is, sometimes not in great detail, but I don't ever say "because."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• same here I always say that and they still ask why
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• tryed to explain everything
    then one day last week, had enough of her not letting me do her hair (spd and autism issues)
    i said in firm voice "we do your hair because mommy said so"

she let me and after bath, she hugged me!!!
    she understood i think

so sometimes, because mommy says so=works!?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I do!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010