who was wrong? me or my DH

my husband was beyond pissed today cause he tried callin me a few times and i left my cell in the house and my kids and i were helpin the neighbors catch their pitbull that got loose. we live on a busy street where ppl speed, i helped them cause i didnt want the dog to get hit, everyone in our complex was out their tryin to get this dog. we finally cornered him inmy back yard. when i called him back he chewed my ass out sayin it wasnt my problem, but the neighbor boy came up to the door and asked for our help, and my kids were watchin out the window, i didnt want to have my kids see that dog get hit, or to have their friend's dog get hurt. and by the way the kids were no where near the road, us adults were, the kids were in the yard when we were tryin to get him cornered.
should of said no to the boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I would've helped, and I can tell you my DH wouldn't have been pissed and would've been out there helping had he been here.
    We're both animal lovers, and we've had our dogs run off and it's ALWAYS appreciated when someone helps along with us to get them corralled back home.
    I wouldn't want to see a dog get run over too, or have my kids witness it.

I, for one, support your decision and your DH can just suck it.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sounds like my husband. He will get over it eventually. You called him back as soon as you realized you missed his call. Does he ALWAYS immediately answer all of your calls?????????
    MommaB0334

Answer by MommaB0334 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think that maybe your husband sounds like a bit of a control freak! You were just trying to help out your neighbor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sounds like your DH has some control issues. If it was an emergency, I could see him being upset but if not, he needs to get over it. It's not like you were out screwing someone.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You helped someone when they asked. Your husband must not ever need help from anyone because he is perfect, right? Is he having a bad day or is he always this selfish?
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't understand why your DH was upset that you helped the neighbor? Or was it because he couldn't reach you? (Was there some sort of emergency?) I think that was nice - not to mention neighborly of you. Your DH is being a butt.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The boy asked for help you can't say no, especially when your kids are watching.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You were right, your husband was wrong! I think it is nice that you were concerned and helped the neighbors catch the dog. I don't know if maybe your dh was worried because he could not get you on the phone, and then blew up out of fear/worry-- but still he had no right to chew your ass over that and it makes him sound like a controlling jerk. I hope he will apologize to you for it!

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Of course you were right to help your neighbors!!! Sounds like your husband is a posessive jerk to me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i would have done the same thing. it was the right thing to do. he will get over it. luckily my husband has a soft spot for pits. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010