Frustrated!

I need advice please. My daughter is 19 months old today and she has never really been an awesome sleeper. Recently she got sick and of course was up a lot during the night so I ended up bringing her into bed with us (big mistake). So now she's up everynight screaming (her voice will be gone the next day) until I bring her into our bed where she sleeps perfectly until 6:30-7:30ish. HOW can I get her back into her crib? Am I just going to have to let her scream? I feel frustrated because all of my friends toddlers sleep all night and take 3 hour naps during the day. no fair!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think screaming it is! Mine did the same thing. Dad had to take over bedtime because he can get the job done where I buckle. I've even been told to leave the house if I can't handle hearing the boy cry.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Maybe try staying in the room with her till she falls asleep. Just dont get in the bed with her
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 4:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• can you transistion her to big girl bed, with a gate at door
    my daughter climbed out of crib at 20 months, so i thought of this
    and then you lay with her in her bed until she is out
    not prefect solution, not her going to bed by herself perfectly, but better

also my daughter was 100% prefect at going to bed, then she decided not to be
    OH, how i remember the days when she would go willingly to the bottom of the stairs when we said "night night"
    those days are gone
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Ya I agree I would have dad do it because then maybe he can get the job better than you can lol and I have had to leave the house before cause my oldest DD would scream so loud I couldn't take it anymore. Although it was she had colic, but it is frusterating when your baby screams for hours at a time and you don't know what is wrong with them. Sorry I can't tell you what else to do. GL and hope everything gets better for you I know how it is to listen to a screaming baby all day
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Are baby girl was the same way, never slept through the night and she still doesn't she's getting better tho. When she has a restless night we just stay in her nursery and rock her and maybe read a book but usually just try to rock her back to sleep, but never take her in our room to sleep only in the mornings sometimes we cuddle and watch cartoons lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I've been struggling with this for 8 months, however I ended up in HIS bed because ours was too high - you got me.. I ask this question every couple months for new idea's.. yesterday he woke up 6 times - that's almost every or every other hour.. like worse than an infant.. we've battled also and have fought each other from 2am to 6am when I was trying to hold firm.. good luck- I am out of methods or ideas...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010