IF you believe Homosexuality is wrong...

Are your reasons religious? or are their other reasons?

**Here is why I ask. I posted an article earlier about a doctor who is treating women with experimental drugs in an effort to prevent homosexuality. But, to me, the logic isn't there... IF you have religious reasons to believe it's not natural, how could you believe a medical intervention could stop it... and IF you believe it's a medical condition and natural, why would you be against something normal and natural...

So, I was wondering if their are people out there who have reasons OTHER than religious reasons to believe homosexuality is wrong, even if they believe it's a normal and natural thing...

All opinions are more than welcome, please keep it civil & kind!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Here is my issues.

My mom is a lesbian. To me, "God" would not send a great person to hell for something they cant change. Its not that she wont. Its that she cant. We're from Texas, and a close knit community. People found out and were awfully mean to her and myself. And I just refuse to believe that she would CHOOSE to have someone hate her. I just cant understand the "logic" behind it. She's a great person. She's always volunteering, and doing things to help others, EVEN after they are awful to her. I think its natural. And science is catching up with the theory.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 4:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• This question is like beating a dead horse. No matter how long or hard you beat the horse, when you finish, it is still a dead horse.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't get how people consider it "not natural" when there are gay animals. Yes, animals can be gay.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Someone very close to me said to me once "Why would I CHOOSE to be this way? why would I live a life that I have to hide. That its dangerous for me to hold the one I love's hand in public. No, if I had a choice, I wouldn't be gay. But I can't be straight anymore than YOU can be gay" Now this was said to me 20 yrs ago when it was a lot more dangerous to be openly gay, but still...its always stuck with me. You don't choose to be gay any more than you choose your eye color. I live for the day that homosexuality is viewed no differently than other differences in people like hair color, eye color etc.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong, but grew up hearing my mother bash homosexuals and say how unnatural they were. With her, it's more of a fear of the unknown and not wanting to learn more about it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I believe and I will get bashed for this I'm sure. That homosexuality is a stumbling block set before some people and can be over come with prayer and meditation and outside intervention if they choose it (such as counseling) . I could never believe that there was a magic pill that prevented it. Just like there is no magic pill to prevent drug use or alcoholism. Who knows I may be proved wrong.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't think it is right. God didn't make it where you date same sex people, but I also wouldn't judge them about it. I have an aunt who is gay
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• What I'm really trying to find out here is are their people who DO believe homosexuality is normal and natural and still believe it's wrong... Sorry if that got lost...

While I don't agree with religious reasons, I can at least understand how they could believe it... But I have never heard anyone that said yes it's natural, and yes it's wrong. I've only heard people who believed it was a choice or unnatural who believed it was wrong...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• allfiller - you do realize OP is a very proud and open Bi-Sexual? I've never hid my love for woman, it's a simple question... I'm just looking for an answer... that's it, It's far from offensive!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• That homosexuality is a stumbling block set before some people and can be over come with prayer and meditation and outside intervention if they choose it (such as counseling)
    _____________

You are aware that a good number of former counselors and "ex-gays" have come forward to say this is all a crock and is damaging people's lives right? Just checking...

As to the OP - I think some religious people can convince themselves of anything...if their child is born with a deformity it's nature/God's work; but they still expect science & medicine to fix the problem not prayer...etc...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010