A person has to stay positive no matter what. Is that a true statement or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• false, it would be hard to be positive in some situations

Decker

Answer by Decker at 4:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If only it were that easy.............
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• it makes life easier if you try to see the glass as half full instead of half empty.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think so. If you're positive, others around you will be positive as well (usually!).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You live a miserable life if you always look on the downside. Not to mention you bring others around you down, if they can stand you long enough to stick around.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I believe it is. I think that the more you are down on your life and what happens in it whether you control those things or not, makes a huge difference in your behavior and attitude. Yes we all have breaking points but on the same hand we have to think of every single thing that happens as a way to better ourselves and lives.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 4:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think it's true, I try to live by that. I have gone through some bad times in my life and sometimes you have to accept things for the way they are and start over the next day, to me that's what staying positive is. Even when you have a crappy day, you should still try to smile, try to find something positive in your life at that moment to keep you going. Staying positive is getting up the next day and doing it all over again. It is something hard to do but it can be done. I've always said that dwelling on negative things is not good for the heart or the soul, some things you just have to let them go.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You know what it is true and in fact quite easy. I grew up poor, the positive part? My DD will always have more than I did and have a nicer and easier life than I had and I know that. Also I do not care if my jeans were 15 bucks or 80bucks so it is helpful. My SO is in jail, positive part? I don't have to watch my weight, I can go days without doing my hair and nobody will care. Etc etc. My friend just passed away, positive side? I have a new gardian angel. There is a positive part to EVERYTHING and yes sometimes it is hard to find it but once you do it sure puts a smile on your face and warms your heart!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wonder how suppressing the fears, worries, grief continually would affect the body- the muscles, blood pressure, ulcers? I think that some negative feelings are normal. Giving into great dramatic scenes may not be a good idea- I have read that the excessive drama may just increase the upset, but it seems to me that some expression of sadness, worries, fears is being true to you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You must stay positive about life but it is normal to have some negative feelings.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010