Will you be a stay at home mom once baby is born?

I think once this baby is born I will just work part time, hopefully. This will be our 2nd daughter, my sister in law babysits for us. But I want to stay home now and raise both of our daughters.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 4:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've been a stay at home mom since my son's birth 2 years ago. We have a 4 month old daughter, and I'm thinking of going back to work. I haven't quite decided yet though. :]
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, I enjoy working outside the home. I feel like a real part of thehousehold and a contributor when I get that big paycheck. And my kids love daycare, event he 3 mth old enjoys getting to interact with the other kids.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I will be.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I did work up until I was put on bed rest with my first because of pregnancy complications. Then after that I became a SAHM and havent worked since I was put on bed rest 5 years ago.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had to quit working after are third child was born because we couldn't aford daycare for all of them. I love staying home with them but I miss those hours I spent working and not worrying about what one of them was getting into.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• nope. i'll be working full time, going to school full time, and being a full time mom... i'm a single mom. no other way to do it.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wanted to after my first, but I wasn't planning on it. Lucky for me, I got let go when I returned from maternity leave, so I got to stay home for several months. When I got a job, it was part-time 3rd shift work so I could stay home during the day, then an opportunity came along for a job a really love, and I took it. It was part-time at first and went gradually to full-time, so it was an easy transition all the way around. I had no intentions to stay home after my second was born, either, and I've kept the job that I love so much. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I thinks thats its really important for a child to have their mother around all the time for at least the first 3 years for their emotional, mental and physical growth. Me and my boyfriend have both been home with our son since he was born and he is 2 and a half now.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have been a SAHM now for 7 1/2yrs. That was when my first son was born
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I already have a SAHM and am in school. I will continue once the baby is born.
    LivinDeadGurl

Answer by LivinDeadGurl at 6:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010