Who is the stricter parent? You or your s/o?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 5:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Me. But I think that's because I am with the kids all day, every day. And my husband has been in school in another state for 2 years and prior to that he was in the military. Now that he's home and working locally... yeah, he lets the kids get away with more than I do. I think he is trying to overcompensate from when he was gone all the time. But sheesh, every once in awhile I'D like to be the good guy! I always feel like I get stuck in the bad guy role.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• dh, for sure.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am by far. He's a big ol teddy bear push over,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Hands down my husband. He doesn't put up with the kids nonsense, we have 2 teenagers and they try to push buttons, my 9 year old is getting the same way but dad doesn't play that, with me I give and give chances before I finally explode!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i am definitely the strict one. My husband works a lot and when he gets home he wants to be the fun one, so I usually have to be the bad guy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• me for sure. He wants to be their buddie.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• my dh most of the time, but he is not the biological father and my son tends to get away with more when he is with his dads side of the family, so when he is here, my dh puts his foot down. With our 16month old daughter we are pretty much on the same page when it comes to disipline. i am the more laid back one though. my husband was born and raised in malaysia so he was raised with very strict environment.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 6:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am. DH lets our 5 yr old DD walk all over him. He sits and holds it in when she provokes him until he finally gets mad and starts yelling. I am more likely to nip it in the bud with some bedroom time (time out).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My husband... I tend to give in too much
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was. He would let them speak rudely to him. I had to enforce the rules and policies.

Answer by Bmat at 5:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010