She has only went pee once today...

So my daughter has been sick, and not eating or drinking much anything. She has only urinated once today and its going on 2:30 in the afternoon. How much longer should I let this go on before calling her doctor?? I have been trying to get her to sip on the pedialite, but she drinks very little it and thats it which is like a total of about 1/4 cup all day. I dont want her to get to dehydrated, but the only other option I feel that I have is to call her doctor. What do you think??

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 5:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• As long as she has peed 1 time in 12 hours she is not dehydrated but I would definately call the doc tomorrow to get her in for the other symptoms
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• What colour is her urine? If it is dark or fairly yellow then it is a sign of dehydration but even so once in a day is a sign of dehydration itself.

I would encourage water...get her to have sips every so often.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i would push the water too. it might be better than the pedialite.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010