COFFEE

I'm trying to lose weight. I'm only drinking water & black coffee and eating about 1200 calories a day. Can I drink as much coffee as I want without cream and sugar or does the actual coffee have calories in it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I googled and found that black coffee has 2 calories per cup and no fat. Although when I have made coffee in those big urns, the urns are greasy inside when it comes time to wash them out, so I think there is some fat from the coffee beans, but not very much.

Answer by Bmat at 5:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Kuddos to you for giving it a try. I dont think coffee by itself has that many calories. Maybe you could shake it up with homemade sun ice tea. Thats low in calories too if you dont add anything to it. Lemon water is good too. Actually for me any water that is ice cold does the trick. Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't think coffee has any calories or fat.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The coffee alone has no calories, but if you overdo it on caffeine, it will stimulate your appetite. You could also end up stressing your adrenals. Too much cortisol (stress hormone) causes you to put on weight. I love coffee too, but go easy on it. Try to drink more water, especially before you eat. You should also eat some low-calorie raw veggies before you eat b/c they will fill your stomach and you will eat less.

Ha-ha! I should take my own advice - I have an extra 25 pounds on me!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I advise switching from coffe to green tea. Green tea has a little caffeine in it and it also helps with toning your tummy. If you really want to be successful at losing weight make sure you are working out regularly and the calories that you do eat are all healthy. Make sure you don't go under 1200 calories a day because that would be considered unhealthy. 1200 is actually even pushing it. Good luck!!!
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't rely on coffee to try and deter your hunger...caffeine withdrawal or addiction is not something you want to have.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010