tiny red bumps around mouth

sometimes my 18 month old gets tiny red bumps around his mouth. it's frequent, actually.

he doesn't act sick. but he DOES have his fingers in his mouth a lot.

should i be worried? will it go away? is there something i should be doing to prevent these bumps? what ARE they?

knockedupannie

Asked by knockedupannie at 5:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• Is he drooling a lot? If so, that's it. As long as he doesn't act like they bother him I wouldn't worry about DD has the same thing.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am thinking heat rash- it comes in warm moist areas.

Answer by Bmat at 5:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• it can also come frm not cleaning thier face after they eat of when its dirty!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It could be from moisture on the skin. It might also be a contact reaction to acids from some fruits like oranges or tomatoes. As long as it isn't spreading or causing pain it's pretty self limiting.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Could it be a food allergy?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My daughter is 2 and a half and has the same thing. We recently went to the dentist and she told me it was a rash do to drooling. I guess I havent noticed excess drooling but when she looked she is getting her 2nd year molars. She has her hands constantly in her mouth. My dentist said use a little aquafor.
    EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 9:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010