36 weeks pregnant and worried.

So my feet stay swollen. even when im not moving around. today i noticed that my feet are so swollen that i can put a dent in them and it would stay. this cant be normal and my doctor keeps saying that it is. im scared that it can mean that i have too much aminotic fluid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you had too much fluid they wouldn't be able to feel the baby very good when they check you at your visits at least thats what my doc said. I had some swelling during pregnancy but not that much but I had a friend who had a lot they just told her to try to rest and keep her feet elevated. Best of luck!!
    Nattiesmom10

Answer by Nattiesmom10 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yeah my feet get like that too. Just try to keep off your feet, stay out of the heat, drink lots of fluids. I notice when I'm doing too much my feet will swell. I'm 32 weeks by the way so I'm right behind you.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 5:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• put your feet up
    trust your instincts
    if you still feel something odd about your fluid
    call doc again, after having feet up for a hour
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I did that too. As long nas your blood pressure is good, don't worry. Drink lots of water, dehydration causes more swelling, cut out all sodium (read labels, there is a lot in all packaged foods), and take 50 mg of vitamin B-6 daily. Also, stay cool. The hotter you get the more you'll swell. They would know by the u/s if you had too much fluid. My DD was born just fine and I put on 35 pounds of water with her (60 lbs total). I swelled bad with her.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• your just retaining water before the baby comes....i may continue shortly after the baby is born....i was not a big girl by any means b4 i got pregers....with my first but right after she was born....my feet swelled so bad i could litterally feel the tops of my feet juggle....it is perfectly normal.....try drinking more water and cut back on the sodium....it will help some....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It could be preacclampsia starting which they will monitor you for. They will keep up with your blood pressure and make sure you don't have protein in your urine. I say limit your salt intake and keep drinking lots of water. If you are concerned with the amount of swelling keep taking to your dr.
    Amanda3983

Answer by Amanda3983 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you're worried, ask your doctor. However, I will tell you this. My feet were like that from about 34 weeks on...REALLY bad, and there was never anything wrong with me. Try not to worry, but do discuss it with your doctor. Chances are, it's normal. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's normal.  You know what works?  When you get up jam your feet into a pair of shoes.  They will feel really tight and hurt for a few minutes but eventually the fluid will squeeze out of them (and into your ankles, lol).

That's what I have to do (mostly because I have places to go so I have to wear shoes) but my feet were so swelled the other day I couldn't wiggle my toes but I had to run errands (and I walk or take the bus everywhere) so I had to put my sneakers on.  By the time I got home my feet hurt but they weren't swelled any more.

I also sleep with them propped up and drink lots of water.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010