Lets try this again... Are their any NON-RELIGIOUS reasons to be against homosexuality?

I posted a question earlier but apparently no one was seeing the real question it just became a pro/anti gay comment gallery...

I'm not looking for opinions, I just want to know if their are non-religious reasons and what they might be... Their was a post this morning about a new experimental treatment for pregnant women to try and prevent their babies from being homosexual - which I found offensive at best! But it raised the question for me, if religious people believe that homosexuality is unnatural and a CHOICE, why would they think a medical treatment pre-birth could prevent it. And if the person thought it was a natural thing that medical treatments could fix, why would they not think it was okay...

I have heard my fill of religious reasons, but I've never come across someone that said, "Yes it's normal - but wrong" - So that's what I want to know, are their people with non-religious reasons?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The most frequent one I hear is "its gross". Well then I say,don't watch them have sex! I think alot of different people I know having sex is gross,but I'm not making a public statement about it(besides this lol)!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• if religious people believe that homosexuality is unnatural and a CHOICE, why would they think a medical treatment pre-birth could prevent it......excellent point

given the way some people in today's society are prejudice against homosexuals, who would make a choice to be, unless all homosexuals are also into pain and suffering no one chooses to be homosexual, just like no one chooses to be heterosexual

you are what you are

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think there are some people who just don't believe it's natural, not necessarily speaking from a religious stand-point. Let me just say now that this is not my personal opinion, but I do think some people still believe it is really a choice or some kind of psychological quirk and they just don't like it because it's "different" or they percieve it as being "gross". Sadly enough, I have relatives who think like this.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 5:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Politicians do not support homosexuality.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• *some, excuse me.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• In all honesty it should be no ones buisness who anyone else sleeps with. I can not find any reasons what so ever to be against homosexuals.

We all bleed red in the end.
    mysticalmalissa

Answer by mysticalmalissa at 6:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• People who practice homosexual behavior have a higher inccidence of sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• As far as prevention, I would consider it not because I really care and defiantly not for religious reasons, but because I would think life would be easier for a heterosexual, but hopefully by the time my unborn child is born things will have changed...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• this is a good question....i am one that does believe it is a choice.. i do not believe you are born a certain way. That would be crazy to think something could prevent you from being gay...OMG! There are going to be things that influence you during your life and thats what makes a person.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I can't think of any.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 6:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010