Corn Sides?

I am a big fan of corn, but I am wondering if anyone knows of good but quick recipes for corn as a side dish for dinner??

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 5:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My kids gobble this right up:
    Corn pudding:

* 2 c. cooked corn (frozen or canned or fresh)
    * 2 beaten eggs
    * 3 Tbsp. melted butter
    * 1/4 c. sugar
    * dash of salt
    * 1 c. milk
    * 1/2 c. crushed saltines.

Combine all ingredients, reserving a small portion of the cracker crumbs. Place in a 1 quart casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cracker crumbs on top. Dot with small pats of butter and bake in 325 degree oven for 50 minutes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Corn salsa!

Take a bag of frozen corn and defrost, don't heat it, just warm it up, add 2 diced tomatoes, 1 small onion diced, 1 clove garlic minced, two diced avocados, and one minced jalapeno. Mix together and add 2 tbsp lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.

YUMMYUMM!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I just discovered fried corn on the cob!!!! soooooooo good
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Cooks.com has lots of ideas. Cornbread made with cream corn in it. Corn chowder, I sometimes mix yellow and white corn (drained about 1/2 cup each of finely minced onion,red and green bell pepper. Saute the onion in a little butter just until softened, add peppers and corn. We add lots of fresh cracked pepper..heat all the way through.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• throw corn on the cob on the grill. I mix a little chile powder, cilantro, lime juice into softened butter and rub on corn and wrap in foil and grill 15 -20 min
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Black Bean and Corn Salad
    1/3 cup fresh lime juice
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 1/2 cups corn kernels
    1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    2 tomatoes, chopped
    6 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed. In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I also make fried corn, creamed corn, and corn on the cob (my MIL made some that was bacon wrapped and it was good too!)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't measure this, and it comes out great every time. Frozen corn, butter (real butter), cream cheese, black pepper, green chilies (the little can). For each pound of corn, I use probably 4 tablespoons each of butter & cream cheese - cut up into small peices, mix together with some pepper, add in chilies (optional), and bake til bubbly. I love doing this in the crock pot for potlucks or in my little one for our family. Sooo good, creamy, and you cannot taste the cream cheese!

4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2010