=( Anyone else living pay check to paycheck?

This sucks.... We both work hard, but by the time we pay all the bills and buy gas/ groceries all the money is gone. When we finally get a break or get ahead a little something unexpected surprise (car repair) will eat it up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, but we shouldn't be, After our bills and living expenses we have an extra $1500 a month and we manage to waste it every month. We have no savings... we're VERY irresponsible with our money...
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 6:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Currently, no we don't live pay check to pay check. But we've done it before. The thing that changed wasn't our income, but it was the way we handled our income. We cut our life style (not that we had much of one to begin with). We told our money where to go instead of wondering where it went. It was a huge psychological change for us.

The book that inspired us was Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. You can try borrowing it from your local library.
    I hope things get better for you soon.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I hear ya!!!! We just had a baby and I decided to stay at home with my son, instead of putting him in daycare. We cut expenses where we can, but there is always an unexpected expense that eats up that little extra we have. So far since the baby came- we had to pay $700 for some stupid part on the car, then the a.c. broke and cost $250 (would have went without it but dont want the baby to suffer in the heat), and we had to take the baby to the doctor twice and spent almost$100 on meds!!!!
    No matter how bad it gets god always provides enough to pay the bills, I am so happy to have a roof over my head and food on the table, i know there are alot of people that dont have even that.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, even more right now because husband had to take a pay cut to keep his job. The economy is hard right now!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I feel your pain. I wish we had 2 paychecks, mine isn't even covering the monthly bills.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My hubby works hard but he is a manager at a grocery store so pay check to pay check is normal for us. Good luck
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yes, and it sucks! we want a house so bad even if its just to rent......we cant find a 3 bed in our price range, we have a boy and a girl and i would like them to have their own room insted of sharing...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yup, and Im trying to budget better . After bills and groceries, we have $850 left a moth...ATLEAST and piss it away.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's been like that for us for the past 9 years.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have some what of a spending problem too, but i think its bc i never had anything growing up and i dont want my kids to be with out..
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010