Anyone know any good study tips?

I am fixing to go back to school (after 10 years) and I never had good study habits to begin with. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it work with 3 kids and a full time job?
(my kids are 6, 3 and 2 months)

southernstyle88

Asked by southernstyle88 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in

• I was going to school and college with the kids (as a single mom). The only thing for studying i ever did was put at least 30min seperations between my classes if i could and i would use that time to study, before and after classes. My dad takes the kids once a week on the weekend so i would use that day to go down to the all night library and study. Join a study group if you can that is really helpful.
    Make flash cards and look at them when you are in line at the store, or getting your hair cut, stuck in traffic. Any time you could otherwise be twiddling your thumbs look at your cards.

Good Luck and congrats on going back!
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• make flashcards...that way you can take them with you where ever you go and study every little chance you get!!
    bcw4786

Answer by bcw4786 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I recently earned my paralegal certificate and found that with kids, the only study time was after they went to bed or during lunch breaks. Keeping notes of what you've read is helpful also for the sleep deprived.
    mkarpel

Answer by mkarpel at 6:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Three hours a week for homework/studying for every hour you spend studying.
    Do all of the assigned reading (twice) and all of the homework; don't procratinate.
    Take notes and outline chapters on 3x5 cards.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sorry, typos!!

Three hours a week for homework/studying for every hour you spend in class..

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• try to stay ahead with your work because once you fall behind its hard to caught back up im in college now
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 7:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010