Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Car Question

My FIL is giving DH and I a truck, we live in Tennessee and he lives in North Carolina. Does anyone know what we would have to do to get a tag for the truck that has a title for a different state than where we live?


Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Your FIL has to sign the title over to you with all the notary signatures and all of that. Then you take the title to TN and register it there. My son bought a car in PA and registered it in NC. My BIL inherited a car from NC and registered it in Ohio. You just do it like you would if it were in the same state.

    Answer by jesse123456 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • Contact your DMV or AAA and ask them - they will tell you everything you need to know.

    Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010