my last name or the fathers last name. we are not married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• well are u together? and will he always be in her life? i would say his, but if he isent gonna play the part in her life i say yours!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you have to ask then probably yours.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Hyphenated. The child is both of yours, unless you plan to get married, then I'd go with his name if you're going to take it.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's difficult to change, so that's a hard question to answer. Have you thought of hyphenating the baby's last name so he/she has both?
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• the baby dad I think,its up to you!
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yours
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would do yours then change it to his when you are married.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• mine is hyphenated

my SO and I aren't married I gave my son his last name, 1. if we break up then he can always have the same last name as his dad, if I give him my name it's hyphenated so he's have a hyphenated name and what if I got married?
    2.If I hyphenate it then again what if I get married

I think if he's going to be involved then his last name because if you get married yours will change
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yours yours yours.
    StrongYoungMom

Answer by StrongYoungMom at 6:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• DD has Dad's last name. We are not married, but that is really just more of a legal issue. We are together, have know each other since high school and own our home. So I think it depends on the greater situation. What was his reaction when he found out? If he was excited and started planning your life together as a family, then I'd say go with his name. If it was more of a "what do we do now?" then I'd say go with yours. Good luck Momma
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 7:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010