marijuana

are there studies that show marijuana is NOT harmful to the unborn baby??I have heard this from many people but i dont buy it for a minute..

ahasugar

Asked by ahasugar at 6:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There have been countless studies done and there has been no "conclusive" evidence that it is harmful. The only conclusive evidence they have is when it's paired with cigarettes and we already know THOSE are bad.

Obviously just because it hasn't yet been "proven" harmful doesn't mean it's been proven safe either.
    It's best to just not smoke anything while pregnant and be as healthy as possible.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• for me it does not matter, its illegal so its a no no.
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 6:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No there isn't but equally there is any real studies showing that it is harmful. Best not to take the risk either way - there is so much wrong with these types of studies anyway...a study would convince me enough to take a risk on my baby's health.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, there are. I'll try to find it. There was a Jamaican study that said that babies of the mothers who smoked marijuana were more alert and had better appetites (go figure, lol). I wouldn't recommend smoking it personally, but this is what this particular study said. I wouldn't risk it. Let me go try to find the link. BRB. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Here's one link, but i'm not sure if this is the same study I read about before. Let me repeat, I am NOT condoning or suggesting marijuana use during pregnancy, I'm just answering your question with studies I have read.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Here's another link. I'm not reading through all of these, but skimming them. I'm trying to find one that I read a while back, and I don't think these are same on I had seen.
    http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com/marijuana-info/marijuana-during-pregnancy/
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no smoking is good while preg. period
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I never saw that I allways understood smooking was bad for you/baby
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• oops..I meant WOULDNT convince me....
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes it is!! my cousin smoked pot and ciggerates during her pregnancy! we got pregnent 5 weeks apart. i did everything you should do while pregnant no soda, no fish, no beer, and things like that! my daughter was born a week early at 8 pounds 9.5 oz! now at 4 months she rolls over and is just a great happy baby! oh best of all she sleeps all night since 2 months old! my cousins son born 3 days late was 5 pounds 2 oz! he sleeps all the time only wakes for an hour to eat then more sleep! he isnt eating well only an oz or 2 at a time and is having alot of trouble. he wakes up every 3 hours at night and he is just totally different than my daughter! i think it has something to do with what she did during her pregnancy! just what i think tho!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010