How can I get to the gym when my kids cry if I leave the house

I'm perfectly willing to get up a 6am and go to the gym but my 2 1/2 year old daughter throws a fit if she doesn't get that cuddle time in the morning. Any advice?

mkarpel

Asked by mkarpel at 6:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Give her a quick hug and a kiss and leave - she will be fine
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• will she sleep in longer if you put her to bed a tad later? or could you go earlier and be back when she does wake up? I know its got to be hard to leave when she wants to cuddle.
    calilove33

Answer by calilove33 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Let her cry...
    wells75904

Answer by wells75904 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Get the DVD from Denise Austin "FIT KIDS" it's a good workout for kids and you doing it with them I mean you will feel like you have worked out. 30mins. Tops GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Help them grow out of it...
    Leave for about 5 minutes. Hug/Kiss. BYE, mommy will be back in a little bit.. LEAVE THEN! .. Walk around the block (its exercise!) and come back.. Do this for a few days so they can get use to seeing you return & its quick enough for their little brains to click.. Also try leaving them more often for short periods of time if possible.. Running to the store, gas station, whatever..
    Slowly move the time away to being longer..
    You can ask them why they get upset & try to calm whatever fears they have.. maybe give them a comfort toy (dunno how good this advice is. just an idea) or give them a task to do while gone --- caring for the dog, sibling, daddy...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would go or do something at the house.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Go anyway. Seriously. She'll "get it" eventually, but right now you are letting her have the upper hand in this situation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• How about workout DVD's .. you can work out in the AM or PM (or both) when the kids are asleep or have someone come over to entertain the kids while you work out ???

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs

TurboJam is one of my favorite workouts. It's a bit of aerobics and kickboxing. Lots of fun & energizing.

TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 4:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010