SAHMs!!! What do you do when you are exhausted, but must keep awake during the day??

I find myself really sleepy alot!!!!! Most days I wish I could just curl up and take a nap, but my daughter is older than napping age, so its not like I can nap while she does or anything....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oh going to the doctor to check your thyroid and iron levels is very important.exercise really does give you more energy,gets the blood flowing,realses endorphins.soymilk (vanilla,regular,chocolate,coffee flavors all good) has b-12 which gives you energy too.or guarana.I love puritans pride(NO im not a spammer either I won't put the link-u can google it though).Hope you feel better-get some sleep!@
    rw4004

Answer by rw4004 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Make sure that your exhaustion isn't caused by an underlying medical condition. I was also exhausted and noticed that I was having a lot of fly away hair. went for an annual check up and after a blood test it was discovered that I had hypo-thyroidism. Worth checking out. Apparently it's pretty common in women.
    mkarpel

Answer by mkarpel at 7:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I just force myself through the exhaustion, and sometimes drink coffee. There's not much else we can do, right, lol? I find sometimes that if I get up and do something physical, like dance or something, it gives me a burst of energy. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I chew Jolt gum. 2 pieces has the caffeine of a cup of coffee.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I make my daughter do things that don't require much from me (drawing, playing in the sandbox, etc., then let my husband know when he gets home that he's putting her to bed alone tonight.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I just take a nap.  My youngest is 4 and can handle watching TV for an hour while I take a nap.  Been doing that since she was about 3.  My kids are very independent and know to just watch TV if I'm napping.

My problem is that I usually need a nap around 1-2pm but my kids would get out of school at 2:20pm so I couldn't nap then.  I was always afraid I wouldn't wake up to get them, lol.  And then after was homework and dinner and all that.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Take a shower?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would go to sleep an hour earlier and also drink coffee during the day.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• What is older than napping age? Naps usually dont end until after 5.. But anyways :-)
    Its a rare that it happens but on those days we will have a movie day or something. That way we can cuddle ( and I know shes with me & not getting in trouble/hurt) and I can kinda nap or atleaste rest my eyes.
    I just try to do the least amount of things to do that day...
    If its happening alot then Id try to get up earlier in the morning, go to bed earlier at night (going to bed late can throw off your natural sleeping patterns & make for crappy sleeping), vitamins, and see a dr. if it continued to effect me daily.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• sometimes I'll just brew one cup of coffee and have that.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010