My SO and I are meeting tonight to see if we can salvage our relationship... I'm really nervous.

I don't want to seem needy or anything and we've been going through some really bad times lately. Any advice on how I can best handle this? I tend to not have the right words to say and it always gets screwed up...

Neither of us really did anything wrong, we just haven't been getting along.

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 7:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Write down what you want to say. That's what I would do. And try to remain calm, don't let your emotions interrupt the process (even though I'm sure they'll try). When I have some things I need to discuss that I know I get freaked out about, I write them down. It helps to see what's going on and put things back in perspective. Good luck.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Say everything you want to say ask questions about how you see the relationship going. Make sure you ask about the changes and what is going to prevent the relationship from breaking down again. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with the above post make a list of everything that you think is wrong and get him to do the same. Address the major issue in your relationship first.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• take turns talking and DON'T interrupt each other. My husband and I used to get into fights and cut each other off all the time until a very wise woman gave us some very silly but wonderful advice that worked: an old indian tradition of somesort when they are sitting around the fire to talk they pass a feather and only the person holding the feather could talk... so me and my husband used to have to take turns holding something.
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 9:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010