Recovery

how long does it take to heal after a natural birth? my Dr never told me. I had 3 stitches; when will they heal? and when is it safe to have sex again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that is what I thought. I always hear about people being pregnant again when they go in for their 6 week checkup and think its crazy. I also have understood it that you should wait 6 weeks so I thought my understanding was wrong; but it was not. Thank you
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 7:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• my stitches came out on their own at about 3-4 weeks (some earlier than others)
    but definitely wait until the 6 week check up
    there can be little tears and such that didn't get stitches, and because it's a moist environment, they can take a while to heal
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would wait until after your 6 week checkup
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• They usually say sex is OK after 6 weeks. I would think the stitches would heal much sooner. I had a c-section and was playing ice hockey 6 weeks later.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Definatly wait until after your 6 week with the doc. I was given the go ahead after that though.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 7:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Generally moms are told to wait until their post delivery check-up at 6 weeks. This when most OB's give the go ahead.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010