Have you ever been asked something that shouldn't even really be asked or be an issue...?

A friend of mine once asked me, "If you were starving and your kids were starving. Who would you feed first?"
Uhm, my kids... duh?
Then she went on to ask, "okay.. would you still feed your kids first if that were the only thing to eat in the house?"
YES. What...the hell. lol.

I hope she was joking...

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• k, really... i was reading it and read, "if you were starving, and your kids were starving, who would you EAT first?" then i read your answer, "my kids." HAHAAH! i re-read it just to make sure, and saw it as feed first, but it still didn't register that you aren't eating each other.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i had a lady at the local deli ask me where i got my daughter....(my daughter is mixed), i said what do you mean got her? and she said o she's yours? you didnt adopt her? and daughter who at the time was 5 said "mom whats adopted mean".........
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 7:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• one can only wonder what she was thinking
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• LOL.. Reminds me one time My sis got in accident & we couldnt find her for 12hrs. finally we found out she was life flighted to the hospital (shes fine). My BFF who has 3yo twins came to watch my dd so we could leave to the hospital & because my mind was NOT working well & her kids were not with her here I ask "Is someone with the boys".... LOL!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was 17 when my sister was born, but looked more like 15 or so. When she was 4 and I was 21 and very pregnant with my daughter, someone, a total stranger, told me if I kept my legs closed, I wouldn't have 2 kids while still in my teens. She then asked if I knew the daddy for either girl! I was like "yeah I do! My stepdad is the father of my SISTER and my husband is the father of my baby!"
    This was at a park. I was so surprised someone would say and ask something like that.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had gone back to work and hadnt lost any weight from baby and a customer asked me when I was due? That was special
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Awww. beyondhopes.. :[
    Don't worry, I had JUST had my daughter, still had the hospital bracelets on - she was in the NICU and we needed it to get in. We were at walmart getting a few things for her, clothes, etc. The cashier asks, "OH! What are you having???"
    It didn't register to me, so I continued ignoring and going about whatever I was doing. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my DH's eyes get SUPER wide and he was like, "Uh. We already had her. She's a girl."
    Cashier: Aww... do you know the gender of this baby?
    That's when it clicked, and I was like, "Are you stupid? Are you this damn ignorant that you don't understand and can't connect two and two together??"

And kiwismommy - that is TERRIBLE. I would've Sparta kicked her.
    ManicMomma02

Comment by ManicMomma02 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My supervisor asked why I was bad mouthing another teacher. I was astonished. I said I certainly was not and would not do something like that. She said well my students were all saying the same thing so they must have had it from me. I was furious at being considered a liar for one thing and unprofessional for another. I quit the job last December.

Answer by Bmat at 8:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010