I just reached Level 10! lol... And my reward is that I get to vote down on answers, but I don't think I EVER will. Would you? Have you?

I ask, because, I realized that it can be seen on my transcripts, and I just don't want any added drama.
Why or why wouldn't you?
Have you?

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Self police my rear end. What it's going to do is have a bunch a people who believe different from you voting you down because they dont "like" you. It's already happening you can se it in questions in the religion and beliefs and politics. It's silliness. I wont be voting them down. If it's TRULY heinous then they answer should be removed (the N word and other filthy words) anyway and if they are factually wrong it makes WAY more sense to EXPLAIN why they are wrong and provide proof. Voting them down is JUST as silly as running and reporting everyone for every silly little thing. Only NOW we will know who is doing it....which will lead to people voting THEM down out of revenge. Great system **sarcasm**.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It is the tool given to us to self police. Why would you NOT use it?

The mods are tired of everyone crying, getting their panties in a wad, and hitting "report!" every time the don't like, agree with, or misconstrue someones statements turning them into something they are not, so that they feel victimized.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Are you a member of the church of missing the effing point? Just curious.

It isn't about "satisfaction". If ENOUGH PEOPLE VOTE DOWN AN ANSWER, IT COLLAPSES meaning that it is no longer visible. Do you not get that THAT is how we become our own mods, by voting down crap that is annoying, offensive, misinformed, etc. ???
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No I wouldn't either.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It depends on the response
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• ObbyDobbie: Yeah, but... what satisfaction does that give you to vote down on an answer?
    They have a -(#) symbol next to their response?

I don't ever hit report unless it's another member bashing another by inappropriate name calling - like.. using their race or racial slurs, etc. Or if it's a post calling another member out, dragging everyone into the drama.
    ManicMomma02

Comment by ManicMomma02 (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think the only answers I would even consider voting down are those that contain false FACTS. Voting down someone elses opinion is not my job.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sure I'll use it. Clearly not for every little think I disagree with. But for clearly wrong advice or dangerous. I'll use it and be prepared to back it up.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Ehhh...I think the whole voting down thing is stupid. I've never voted anyone up or down.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I dont really like that one. lol, vote down on someones answer, you wouuld think that would be not so nice. what the heck?
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010