Neighbor's dog has been barking NON-STOP for at least 15 min now!

It's a house on the street behind us so I don't know them or anything but WHO lets their dog back for that long?!

I have two dogs and if they start backing AT ALL I tell them to "quiet" they usually stop, if they don't then I bring them in. I don't want to listen to it for more than 30 seconds so I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't either!

If you're dog is barking like crazy BRING IT IN! This is soooo annoying, seriously non-stop and LOUD!

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 7:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pets

• You can call your local PD for noise regulations, so you will know if someone is violating them, and then you can call so the people will get fined.
    I am a huge dog lover as well, but people who allow their dogs to bark non stop need to be fined so hopefully they learn to manage their pets better so they are not making other people crazy!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Does this happen often if not you might want to check it out or call the police to check it out something could be happening. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• throw a ball back there for him lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Believe it or not, which whenever I hear about it I can never believe it, some people actually keep their dogs outside, and never have them in the house. I dont see how anyone could do that personally, but some do. And if it keeps up a lot, with the dog being outside a lot and barking, I might call the authorities and have them look into it.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• maybe they arent home?

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i would not care if their were home or not if thier dogs being that noisy then they need a kennal for when they leave, i live in apt and they lady on the side of me lets her dog out on the balcony at 5 am every morn and he dog barks till atleas 7am, i always knock on her door and tell her to bring the dog in but she never does till my dh thretend to shoot the dog with a bb gun lol and management her doesent seem to be doing any thing about it either after reporting it 4 times! I also have a guy that lives above me and when i was sitting on my balcony he let his dog pee off the balcony and it got on my son i was pissed!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Have you tried talking to the neighbor? Maybe they aren't home and they have NO idea that their dogs are freaking out.
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 8:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I leave my dogs outside a lot when we aren't home. We have a large fenced in yard, two huge trees, a large deck and a large screened in porch that they can hang out on. My dogs only bark when something is there. My Mom leaves her dogs out all the time she has huge fenced in yard that is wooded. Her dogs prefer to be outside.
    As for your situation I liked the other persons idea who said throw a ball over there. I can't imagine how nerve wrecking it must be.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We have a neighbor who has several yappy dogs that they used to leave outside all day and night and only bring them in from 10pm - 5 am. We had tried talking to them, calling animal control, the police, spraying the dogs with the water hose, etc. They actually had the nerve to be annoyed with us about it. Their house is 10 feet from ours for goodness sakes and their dogs bark 14 hours a day (six of them by the way....terriors). I think what clued them in was the night I filled their answering machine with the sound of their dogs barking.
    They are a little more thoughtful now than they used to be, they keep the dogs in for the majority of the day now, but the minute those dogs go outside they are yapping their obnoxious heads off.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'm a HUGE dog lover and owner, but this is why people poison neighbors dogs! I think we're getting close to 20min now!
    Blueliner

Comment by Blueliner (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010