paxil

any moms on paxil? i just got a RX for PPD. im nervous about how long Im going to be on this drug. how long were you on it? what were some withdrawl symptoms?? ive never taken antidepressants, so im scared.

thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• ive seen a lot of law commercials about this drug and the side effects on it that if one had these effects they can get a settlement... might want to look up on it, ill see if i can find the link
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Here is the link for the side effects

http://paxillawsuit.lawinfo.com/paxil-side-effects.html

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was on it for a few months, about 5 years ago. I hated it, tbe honest. I had mild anxiety attacks, and that medication made me feel insane. I would feel FULL of energy once second, and my heart would be racing. The next minute, I'd feel extremely sluggish and tired. I stopped taking it and just dealt with my anxiety on my own. Remember, medications are different for everyone, and you may very well not experience anything that I did. It may work well for you. Just discuss any concerns after taking it with your doctor, and best of luck. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was on Paxil when I was in high school for about 6 months. It helped elimanate my depression. It worked for me but, remember, it's not going to work for everyone. Just watch out for the negative symptoms and request that it be changed if you no longer care for it.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree try it and see if it works for you. If not they will give you something else
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was on it for a few years when it first came out. Getting off it was the hard part. The doctors swore any withdrawal effects I had were psychosomatic because there were no WD effects from it. Bull! I was freaking out until I got it out of my system. Did it work? Maybe.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I've been on Paxil and it work out well for me. I experience sleeping problems at first but it became okay afterwards. I was already married when I took it and had two kids. But when we planned to get pregnant again, I asked my doctor to slowly get me off Paxil. It was hard at first but I had to, I've read that Paxil can cause birth defects. I can't risk my baby that. It has been the subject of various lawsuits against Paxil.

Josephine143

Answer by Josephine143 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2012