compliments?

Do you get compliments from your DH/SO?

He used to do it all the time, when i get all fixed up i ask him do i look nice he just nods, says nothing. At that i have to ask him, he doesent say it just because, I know iv gainged 20lbs since my daughter, but it makes me feel even lower and ugly. But i notice he looks at other women i know i cant compeat with, all are usually skinny, big boobs and ethnic. im sort fat, no boobs and white as the come....ugh!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• (hugs) yanno I think our guys take for granted that they "have" us so why compliment us? I even ask my so what he would think about me never telling him anything nice and he shrugs...big jerks...I think yoou are GORGEOUS mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Don't let anyone ever define you. What I mean is that your happiness should not hinge on what others do or say. Even your husband. Find your confidence and beauty in yourself and don't wait for him to say it. Besides it is rare for a man to compliment his wife's beauty because he sees the whole you. Your outer beauty is part of the package of the whole you. When a man first gets to know you, he'll fall all over himself telling you how beautiful you are. But once he falls in love with you, he sees your beauty everyday and he kinda gets used to it. Don't be offended by it. He is with you and loves you. The other women he looks at is purely visual and means nothing. He will forget them the second they are out of his sight.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you know you look good, then yours is the most important opinion. I know that you want compliments from him, though. So what you do is from time to time, compliment him. Don't overdo it or he'll realize what you are doing. But tell him that a shirt looks particularly good on him, or that he must be working out he looks so buff. Like that.

Answer by Bmat at 8:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• He picked you! Be confident in yourself, that is what they are most drawn to. Insecurity can be something that is hard to deal with but he's with you! My husband is a good man and I am so lucky. I hope your relationship grows into something you are happy with. Hang in there!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I do compliment him, all the time he just says thanks! thats it, and when i ask him why he dont do it he gets pssed sayin im trying to pick a fight!
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• thank you bearsjen
    DeeMarie87

• It sounds like this is more of an issue than a lack of compliments. I went to your profile and it looks like your hubby isn't white and like your daughter is biracial. If you marry someone that isn't white they have different values and there may be problems with him looking at women from his race or you thinking he is looking at women of his race. That's not saying that it's "wrong" to marry outside your race. It may be more difficult and there are things you might expect. The two of you talking with (counseling) someone that works with couples that are from different cultures could help.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well He is chaldean and he doesent like chaldean women, it isent them he looks at its usually hispanic's!
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Walk up to him wearing nothing but his favorite shirt and say, "Now hear this!!" I am the wife and I loooove nothing more than to be adored and complimented. You are the husband and you will repeat after me. "You look mawrvelous" "I can't take my eyes off you" "I am so lucky to be married to you". "I will buy you a brand new car next week" Get him laughing... tickle him if you have to, smack him around with the pilows on the couch until he says something nice to you and then say "Honey... I feel so good when you compliment me, and give him a big smooch on the lips. If that don't do it, he's comotose. Good Luck my Dear.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 8:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• He laughs and says your a little less dumb today. LOL And I just smile because it doesn't mean anything to me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010