Nutritious high fat/calorie foods

Well, I have exceeded my weight loss goal. YAY! Problem is, I am continuing to lose weight. I have decreased my cardio workouts to 3 times a week, but my diet has been changed for so long now that I have trouble eating the right number of calories for maintenance instead of weight loss. I don't want to eat garbage just to fill in the extra calories.

Oh and I am not a fan of avocado. Thanks

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• In that case Carnation instant milk..lol. Thats what we had to give our granddaughter 3 times a day, plus meals when she first came to live with us. We had a hard time getting her up to a healthy weight. Thats what the dietician told us to use.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't start eating high fat/calorie foods. I would increase the fruits, veggies and whole grains in my diet. Avocado, mango,papaya, pneapple, sweet potatoes, egg plant, squash-all kinds all great for healthy dieting.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• milkshakes with fruit blended in.

Answer by Bmat at 8:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• nuts and carbs like whole wheat pasta n bread, brown rice. also potatoes n whole milk products (yogurt, cheese). I try to increase my son's calorie intake with healthy food.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Peanut or almond butter mixed with honey spread on apples
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Thanks Grandma, but I eat so much fruit and high fiber foods as it is....I need something more in content that is less in volume. I already feel full most of the day. Do you know what I mean? I don't want to feel like I'm gorging myself.
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• you should only have to increase your calories by about 300 if you're going for maintenance. you could do simple things like switch from skim to 2% milk and for breakfast make a protien shake or smoothie. peanut butter is also something with alot of calories and fat for just a small amount. you could eat whole milk yogurt instead of the 90 cal one and that would be more than twice the calories in the same amount. congrats on reaching your goal!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• add a lot of nuts and avocados to your day. they are good on salad!
    men often do protein shakes.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Nuts, nut butters (almond, peanut etc) Find some recipes for Avocado to try out. You might like it if its added into something (I've heard of it being used in mousse and heard its VERY good) They're sooo good for you and very calorie dense. Just increase your calories by eating more. Might be a good idea to count your calorie intake for a little while and maybe figure out your BMR to know what your daily requirment to maintain is! Good luck!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Olives, start adding them to anything that they don't clash with (within reason) - they're like avocado - healthy fat, but not nearly as substantial. Be picky about what kind you get, or you may end up with too much salt, too, which you don't want.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2010