What is everyone's experience with their second labors?

Did they come faster, easier, harder, longer, etc? I pushed for 2.5 hours with my son and am praying this time will be easier. He was sunny side up, never dropped and had cord wrapped twice so he was super tough to push out. Does this mean this will repeat itself? I had a short labor for a first timer too. Will my second be even shorter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first i was in labor for 5 hours and pushed for 30 minutes, 2nd one 27 hrs. ONE push and she was out. 3rd one 9 hrs. pushed for 45 min.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My second labor lasted over 2 days. I did have an easy vaginal birth with no interventions. I went to the hospital about 3 hours before the birth and went home about 2 hours after. I recovered much quicker than my first birth. Breastfeeding was very easy.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• With my first I was in labor 4 hours. Pushed a few times and she was out. With my second I was in labor for 5 hours and once again got her out in a few pushes. The pain was worse the second time but all in all I had relatively easy labor with both.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 8:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Physically easier, recovery was easier, completely different circumstances than the first time!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• 2nd was easier for me but it is different for each person. I missed my window for drugs so she came without and the dr. told me not too push and she came out anyway. She actually came so fast that they almost didn't catch her.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It was the not knowing part that terrified me with the first labor. My second was induced on dr's suggestion. Went in at 7am and baby was born at 1pm. Pushing time was shorter, but he weighed over a pound more then dd. He was 9lbs 15 oz. Easier to push out after a first vaginal delivery. Recovery time was faster too.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yes,probably your second labor will be shorter and especially since your first one was short. but then again you know they say every time it's different lol. all 3 of mine were the same.... my cervix did not open, i didn't go into labor and i had a repeat c-section lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It was a lot easier on my body. My labor wasn't shorter but I was induced the first time I pushed for an hour and a half the first time and three minutes with my second though. Also I tore terribly the first time and not at all the second time. Just over all easier on my body the second time around.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 8:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Both very comparable, but first there was no pitocin, so it was alot less painful. Second was hell because of the pitocin. The pushing part for both was under an hour!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 9:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Both my deliveries were very easy, but the 2nd was much faster and only 2 pushes. First delivery was 30 mins of pushing.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010