Rent a center

Has anyone gotten any furniture from here? Did it seem clean or new or even like new? What were the payments for something you bought and did you rent to own it?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 8:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I went in there about a month or so ago. I'm really needing some new furniture but by the time you pay off all of the payments just to own the furniture you could have bought at least two sets of new furniture. I've been looking on craigslist and have found some really nice stuff that is almost new.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i have never done business with any kind of RAC. if i were you, i would buy some furniture from a place like rooms to go or havertys. RAC charges so much interest on their stuff. it would save you money in the long run to buy something.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 8:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• it is expencive, dont do it, my mom had a bed from them and she had to pay 99 bucks a week for 14mos, ur better off finding some place that does layway if not look on craigslist they have some nice stuff!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Very pricey!! they add alot of intrest but they do have nice furniture. You can choose new or used. My friend got used and i guess the people before her had a dog (shes allergic) she broke out in a bad rash. good luck
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Good insight ladies, sheesh and to think I thought I might be getting a deal.

See I would be able to buy something but based on the price it might take me 2-4 installments. I'll find somewhere that does layaway that way I can do the installments, or maybe even half down half on credit...hmm I have a lot to think about now :)
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• haha and just after I finish typing this I find a couch on JCPENNY"S website for 500bucks. LOL I could pay that
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I love everything about RAC, except for their pricing policies. By the time you're finished paying it off, if you don't do the 90 days same as cash option, you could have bought 2 of what you wanted in the first place. I have rented from them many times. In fact this computer I'm typing on became mine 1 year ago, after 2 years of payments at $48 every 2 weeks (including tax). I've never had a problem with the quality of items. I always do a thorough inspection and ask lots of questions before renting.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I bought a washer and dryer from them about 5 years ago. I paid it off in the 90 days and they were new. I just sold the set last month still in perfect working order.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• have you tried Ebay? I just bought some nice wood end tables for $29 and it only cost me $19 to ship it from Ontario Canada to Wa State. the name of the Ebay store where I shopped was Belk Furniture. Shipping prices are way reasonable. And JC Penney is great too, they have a free shipping offer right now, I just got a postcard and use promo code HOTFS49 on orders of $49 or more
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010