Do you go swimming with the kids when they go to swim parties or stay on the sidelines?

I am always the only mom having fun in the pool with the kids. What gives?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 8:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ughh... I love to swim. Maybe some Moms are so self conscious of their bodies that they don't want to swim? Certainly not me! If it's hot...I'm jumping in! Then there are women like my MIL who spend 3 hours on their hair and makeup and don't want to destroy it in the pool. Hey, to each their own!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We drop our kids off (only our oldest has been to any) and pick them up later.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 8:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am all about swimming, especially if its hot...so I am right in there with them lol
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• a bit of both
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• anything my kids are doing, i join in. i can only cringe when i go to the pool with me girls, and we're splashing and playing, and i see a mom walk in with her kids with clothes on and a book. makes no sense to me.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My 4 year old can't swim well yet, so I get in and my hubby and I take turns. He wears a floatation outfit, but I still get nervous. With the older kids, they can swim, so they can go crazy.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2010