How do you think a 9 month old would do with fireworks?

I want to take my son to a fireworks show this year, but do you think that's too young? He never seems bothered by loud noises as long as he's in my arms. What do you think?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You never know, just try it out...they might be amazed at all the lights, but the noise could scare them. I guess it all depends on how well you know you baby. LIke if he gets scared easily by loud noises, etc. i would say go for it, if he starts to get scared or cry just leave tat area.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• if he's not a fraidy cat and being up that late will not make him crabby i say go for it, i think he will love it. and if he is scared you could always just leave
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• He'll probably be fine. if he starts to freak out, cover his ears until the noise is done, or take him home.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would try taking him im taking my son he 10 months old but from what i have seen with freinds and familys kids they tend to get kinda freaked out. I say go for it it cant hurt anything . Better to go and try and have to leave than to not try at all because he could be fine with it.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Give it a shot, but be prepared to have to leave early. I took DS lst year when he was 11 months. He didnt really care about the fireworks, but he had a great time w/ all the people.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My dd was 9mo old (october baby) her 1st 4th of July... We just did them at home so we didnt get the full sound effects as the firework shows... But if you want to take them id be as away of the sounds as possible & muffle their ears... You can try it, if it scared them you can always leave...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• All three of my kids sleep through their first fireworks. So they did fine!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 9:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My children found the noise too disturbing, so we didn't stay.

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Usually babies don't like it. However can be better to take a breastfed baby then to leave the baby with someone else. I went to the fireworks with some other couples with babies and I was the only one that took my baby. My baby was fine. We got caught in traffic for hours and when we got back the other babies had been screaming and hungry.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think he would be fine as long as he isnt easily startled. Id just say try to keep him away from the smokey ones :) And obviously watch for things falling from overhead or a straying missile :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010