What was your biggest fear as a first time mom that seems silly now?

What I mean is, what were you paranoid about with your first kid that you got over as they were older or weren't scared about with the next babies?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• mine is when i was pregnant..i was scared that if i went poop, that the baby would come out..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oh man, everything!

When I was pregnant with my first I was terrified that I'd have an ugly baby and not know the baby was ugly because I would have "mom eyes" and love is blind.
    With my second I wasn't worried because the first one was so dang cute.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was terrified I was either gonna have my belly cut open and my baby stolen or get kicked or bumped and lose the baby. The whole time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• that i was going to forget him somewhere lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was scared to death I'd forget her somewhere. Not likely, never happened, and it seems kind of silly now, looking back.
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was scared that something would happen and I wouldn't know what to do, lol. Or, that he'd start crying and I've have no idea how to get him to stop. Little did I know that it would all come quite naturally. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was so scared that I would stick my finger in her soft spot and she would have problems b/c of it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It wasn't my biggest fear but it does seem really silly now. I followed the bus to school on my DD's first day. In any other situation I wouldn't let a stranger drive my child anywhere. And I wanted to know the route they were going to take. So I followed the bus. Seems really silly now.
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was afraid I wouldn't love her enough.

mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i was terrified that i would poop on the delivery table
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010