Cradle cap...

Does anyone here have a child who has it?
What do you do to make it better?

I noticed a large portion of my son's scalp that appears to have it and I'm not sure what to do. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all but I'd still like to do what I can to fix it.

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 9:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would give my daughter a shower and gently scrub her head with my finger tips, and then I would put her lavender baby oil on it(just a little bit so her hair wouldn't be oily) and it went away very fast
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would put baby oil in his hair before bath time and use his baby comb to loosen it. It took several days to get it all off. After that I just made sure to wash his head good with a wash cloth daily after that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• using something like olive oil helps loosen it and you can use a soft tooth brush or baby brush to gently scrape it away. maybe u should wash your babys hair a little more often and use the baby brush every few days so nothing is sticking to the scalp.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Just take some baby oil rub it in and brush out with a soft baby brush, or a washcloth. You may need to scrub a little.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Johnson ans Johnson makes a cream for cradle cap .. you can find it next the baby powder and shampoo..it works really well. I usally have to use a few times a year on my kids. Just follow the instructions on the bottle.. but you have to shampoo their hair several times to get the cream out afterwards

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 9:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I used California Baby's Shampoo with Tea Tree oil and lavendar. It clear it up right away and it smells really good.
    missiedoo

Answer by missiedoo at 9:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• we used baby oil and the baby brush in the tub. kept my son's at bay. it will go away eventually. just peely skin.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I rub baby oil all over their head and comb it out. My son's was really bad and the doctor suggested that I use selsen blue once a week. That worked great. He is now 2 1/2 and I still use it once in awhile. He has a very dry scalp.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I used a baby brush on it when DS was in the tub.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010