Episiotomy

I had my baby 4 mos. ago and I still have pain when I have sex. Anyone esle have this problem??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had pain for a LONG time after my first vaginal birth with an episiotomy, but they had to do an incredibly large one (they cut once and had to go back and cut a longer one). The pain did go away with time, but I remember it well - nothing really helped.

Answer by missanc at 9:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding by any chance?
    Are you using lube. Lots and lots of lube. :)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had slight pain. After having a baby, especially after being cut, it can be stiff down there. Try lube
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had pain for the first year after mine and now 11 years later, some sex positions still are uncomfortable some times. Avoid any rear entry position.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No I didn't. Keep doing your kegels and other stretching exercises. Was your episiotomy very big? I did not have one but I tore terribly on my own. If you are worried it is related ask your OB if this should be a complication for you.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It can happen but it's not normal. Sometimes doctors think they are doing you a favor by sewing you up so you will be smaller for your man. You may want to be checked by a different hcp to see if everything is okay.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had pain for almost a year after mine. I had an epsiotomy and I tore, but it finally got better. Idon't have any pain at all now. Four months postpartum is still pretty new. Give it time, it should eventually go away! Good luck! :)

MacyKaysMommy

Answer by MacyKaysMommy at 9:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• the first time around i did it hurt for a few weeks afterwards. taking hot baths helped as well but the lube is a biggie!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• nope i was cut good and at 5 weeks i was back into the groove and with my second i tore and i was backinto the groove at 4 weeks.....sounds like maybe u were stitched to tight
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My OB told me after the birth of my first DD that sometimes it can take up to a year or more for some woman to be completely pain free. You have to think- All the nerves, muscles, and blood vessels were cut. It's going to take time to heal. For me after DD #1 it was 6 wks and then i was fine, after DD #2 i didn't have an episiotomy and was fine by 2 wks after. The doc also told me that ALOT of woman don't actually need them with their second child because those muscles and tissues have already been stretched once before.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010