Taking a Lorazapam during pregnancy

I have taken this pill maybe times in my life. I only take them when I have a VERY bad panic attack......I was wondering if I took one (not saying I am going to) would it harm the baby I am 14 weeks and I been feeling them coming on so I was just wondering.....Its kind of like a valume

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Talk to you doctor. Only she knows your complete history. Some drugs are safe in the mid trimesters but not early or close to birth. If the benefits to Mom outweigh the risks to the baby many OBs will let drugs continue that in the past they might not have. Really NO ONE here can answer this for you. Your OB knows how your pregnancy is progressing, what risk level you are, and your own history. Please talk to them.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You really need to discuss this with your doctor. You need to discuss with him or her the pros and cons of taking the meds with if or how it will affect the baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Please talk to your doctor first. That's what he/she is there for.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would talk to your dr. I was taking them when I got pregnant with my first child but I stopped after my Dr. advised against it.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 9:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010