Just curious...I am 9 weeks pregnant with my second and I know they say you start to show earlier with the second but I already have a tummy. Just wondering if it is twins or something...anyway to know except for an ultrasound?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I showed extremely early with my second, by 8 weeks I had to get the maternity clothes out and we had to tell our family. I figured though that I was popping out so fast because I got pregnant so fast. My first was only 4 months when I found out I was pregnant.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I showed extremely early with my first. i could of sworn I was having twins b/c I was huge lol
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I started getting a little tummy at 6 weeks, by 12 weeks I was in maternity cloths. It's just how 2nd pregnancies go. Everything is already stretched out lol
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 9:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was showing at nine weeks (this is my 5th pregnancy). I also had hyperemesis, so my midwife was very curious to see how many babies I was carrying. The ultrasound at 12 weeks only showed a singleton though. It's common to show earlier in subsequent pregnancies.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I showed quickly with my first but but my second was so quick and I felt huge. Even my mom was like you are having twins for sure. Funny enough no twins and gained half the weight I did with my first and belly ended up being small. I guess when they say every pregnancy is different they mean it! Enjoy this time!!!!

EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 9:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You do show quicker with your second baby. You also start to notice symptoms earlier and movement earlier.
    Ultrasound is the only way to determine twins.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You start to show sooner with each one! Or it could be more than one. Just gonna have to wait and see.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2010