If I am majoring in Biology, but I also want to know a lot about music and art, is this an obsession or an interest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say an interest. An obsession is more of a single thing that is more of a waste of time or unhealthy, if that makes sense. Obsession has more of a negative connotation. Not that obsessing over something is always bad!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• an obsession would be something that gets in the way of healthy things in your life, and interest is something you just want to know more about. only you can judge. but it seems a natural interst to me since you are majoring in biology. the sciences usually involve math and those who do math are usually in to music and art as well.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• it's something you could minor it, or just take a few classes to see if that is really your passion
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• you know, with a teaching certificate, a biology major and music and art minor you would be valuable to a school!
    i found with my biology major requirements, i was only one chemistry class away from a chemistry minor, so that is how i chose my minor. you should look at minor requirements, you may be able to satisfy your quest for knowledge, and get more minors too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010